Monday, September 18, 2017

Desert Day 2 - Indian Canyon Hiking Trail

Whoops, time has escaped me again! Time for some major catch up on the blogging. Here are some snapshots from our second desert day way back in the spring. On this day, we headed to Indian Canyon Hiking Trail. Luckily I had scored a great deal on a pair of hiking shoes when we popped into an Adidas outlet the day before. You really needed those treads on this dry desert grit.
Loved these hair palm trees. They reminded me of Muppets and just needed a pair of eyes to come alive. Felt like we had company at all times! Maybe it wasn't the anthropomorphic trees and it was the rattlesnakes... My friend covered her vital organs as i tried not to see them and we skedaddled by as quickly as possible!
I loved this hike. The terrain was so different than what we are used to in Southern Ontario, but my friends told me this was nothing... there are much more scenic trails. As I had joined this trip having done no research whatsoever, I just took their word for it and looked forward to our next outing.
We rewarded ourselves post-hike with an amazing long leisurely brunch, delectable cocktails and bottomless mimosas! The best meal we had on this trip!
They were not joking when they said bottomless. Our mimosa glasses were refilled quicker than most restaurants refill water glasses. So good! Needless to say a big afternoon nap was in order!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails