Tuesday, June 9, 2020

MoonRox Non-Medical Washable and Reusable Handmade Masks

It has been an interesting time indeed. We have just started our 13th week of distancing, quarantining, whatever way you would describe they way you have chosen to endure this time. I was surprised to find myself enjoying this time much more than expected in the first few days. I started to really relish the quiet and the stillness, which never occurs in this part of the city in normal pre-COVID times. I loved how we had a little extra time to keep in touch with friends and fam, near and far. It soon became clear to me who was going to stay connected and constantly check in, and who was not going to be supportive at all. It was nice to just take a pause with no need to rush anywhere. Outside of work there was no no pressure to do anything specific. I've been so grateful for the best and most loyal customers. I'm so pleasantly surprised that orders have kept coming in, despite the worldwide pandemic. You guys are the best!

A few weeks into quarantine, I started making masks for friends and family. I was having major flashbacks to my fashion school days at Parsons. We'd be sewing all day and all night! Making the masks has been a lot of fun. It's reminded me how much I love sewing!  More recently I decided to make some MoonRox-y masks to add to the online shop! I found some beautiful soft cotton with a string of Beads motif. Each is lined with a filter pocket and has soft comfortable ear loops. You can select from Pink or Blue.
Now with more restrictions lifting and businesses opening, life is changing again daily. We aren't all inside our homes as much as the first many weeks. Now the advice seems to have changed almost overnight from "stay home" to "get outside!" It can definitely be confusing. More recently our medical officers have been recommending the use of a mask or face covering when in a situation where it is difficult to maintain 6ft distance from others. I for one am happy to wear a mask when I know I will be in the grocery store or post office. So, I sought out some more lovely fabrics, this time in more basic options that are also unisex.

In addition to the Beads print, you'll also find Twill masks in Charcoal Grey and
in Black.

In a finer weight fabric, we have this nice Light Grey.
Lastly, you can select this blue and white Pinstripe!
Each style is available in four sizes. Choose from:

Extra Small - fits kids age 3-6 (without nose wire)
Small - fits kids age 6-10
Regular - fits age 10 up to most average sized adult heads
Large - roomier fit for adults

For more info, check out the website! I'm hoping to add more styles in the days ahead, so keep an eye out. Stay safe and healthy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails