Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Roaming in the sun

We've had glorious weather lately and I'm really hoping that it's not all a trick and that Spring really is coming. I have spent many hours roaming around, happily running errands and hanging with friends and fam over the past week of super sunshiney days. I cannot get enough sun!The other day, Aunt L. and I checked out a couple galleries and had a nice afternoon in general. We saw the Doris McCarthy show at Wynick Tuck Gallery at 401 Richmond. Aunt L. is a big McCarthy fan.
We also checked out a couple places in Yorkville, including Mira Godard Gallery where we saw the Alex Colville Show as well as some amazing wood block prints by Mary Pratt (see two prints above), Chuck Close and Takao Tanabe. Aunt L. picked up a Tanabe for her collection.

In the evening I went to the opening at Riders. I didn't manage to get too many good photos there, but I really like this one of their cool old cash register.

Saw Gran on Sunday and then watched the Oscars, which in hindsight I could have skipped. Yesterday, I caught up with A. and S. in Kensington and sat on a patio basking in the warm sun. Then, I decided to be responsible and chose to get back to work instead of moving on to the next patio. As soon as I came home, I was hit with a cold. Bugger... ran myself ragged. I found myself soldering bracelets at 2 a.m. last night!? Must change my habits!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails