Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bermuda vacation

I just went to Bermuda for an extended long weekend with my friend G.! She had lived there for 6 years before she returned to Toronto a couple years ago, so I had been several times to visit before. Love the beautiful island and the clean ocean air. They were forecasting thunderstorms for the whole trip so we were nervous, but apparently they have been saying it would rain for three months and it rarely does. It was gorgeous for the most part, but we saw a few well needed sprinkles and only one refreshing downpour. We fit in lots of visits with nice friends, lots of hours soaking up the beaches and a few too much food and bev... but that's what holidays are for, right? Here is a series of scenery from our trip in mostly chronological order... Thanks for indulging my camera happy ways!
Harbourfront dining
unbelievable sushi platter
Horseshoe Beach rocks
bright beach brolly.
tangled greens
lot (get it? haha!) of scooters
a look across the harbour
flag flying
dance floor lights
lovely Bermuda colours
friends frolicking boat-side
postcard-like view
blooming bushes
Elbow Beach
beach ball spotting
walk on the beach
clouds rolling in
friends soaking up the scene
pool with ocean view
look from above
dusk hovering
morning sun on the rooftop
last morning at the beach
couldn't get enough
needed at least three more days!

Had a lovely trip! Thanks to G. and all of our hosts in Bermuda! We packed so much into a few days that my brain in scrambled. I even ran into a friend I first met in the 6th grade. The world is such a tiny place! Time to plan another trip some place! It was so refreshing to get away! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend too!

Not sure if I am fighting something off or crashing waves resulted in water in my ears, but I have been so dizzy today. Time to rest up. Next few days are looking busy busy! Goodnight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails