Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Day weekend

Hi there,

Hope you had a nice Family Day long weekend!  I know I should have been working on this holiday (that I am still not used to in the middle of the Winter)... I know not every province was off today, so phone calls should have been made and e-mails should have been sent, earrings should have been finished, but it was too nice a day to be huddled inside.  I'll get right on it in the morning!  Here are some snap shots from the past few days.
Queen West at sunset.
Colourful Le Creuset kitchenware at Good Egg.
Super yummy breaky with good company at the Bellevue.  Subbed out the egg.  I don't eat egg, unless hiding in a pastry or cake or pierogi and no longer resembling an egg of any sort!
Spent hours re-arranging my studio space.  Still lots to do but made huge strides and feel an enormous weight lifted already.
Shades of orange.
Crafty time with Japanese masking tape.
A pomelo.  
Homemade spaghetti and GIANT meatballs after a day of toddling around shopping.

Had a great weekend!  Lots of time to relax, lots of time with friends and some quality family time with the Sis, W., and Aunt L.  All weekend, small mundane things were reminding me of family no longer with us.  Making little flags reminded me of my paternal Grandfather.  He was so precise and loved making things with his hands but he was an efficient and practical man.  I remember when I first started my business he made me tons of little paper bags using colourful wrapping paper, each one carefully cut and glued.  Then, the act of peeling a pomelo slowly and deliberately reminded my of my maternal Grandfather.  My own hands began to resemble his as I patiently peeled the layers away to expose the delicious fruit.  Also, all this Jeremy Lin excitement would have thrilled him.  He was the hugest sports fan and basketball was near the top of the list.  I like that reminders of these oldies are everywhere!  Missing them, and my Grandmothers too on this Family Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails