Monday, August 24, 2009

Let's go to the Ex, oh baby....

A. and I went to the Ex tonight... 'twas a lovely evening to stroll the grounds. We ate pierogies, jerk chicken, she got her fortune told, checked out all the pavilions and soaked up the sights and sounds of the annual end of Summer fair.
In the Arts and Crafts building we saw lots of familiar vendors including Hides in Hand. I have amassed several pairs of their amazing mocs over the years, so it is safe to say I have an addiction. I've got the traditional moc, the ankle moc, the ankle moc with sole, the ballet slipper and one of the best trapper hats ever. I always say it's like heaven on my head. I'm scoping out the mocs above with the rubber sole for my next pair. Apparently one can never have enough moccasins! They are super comfy and made here in Ontario.

Check out this sculpture of Yoda! It's made of butter... Yep, butter...

We got to pet a super cute and outrageously soft alpaca. Now I want one! Look at it's smile!





And there went the evening. It's always great to go back to the Ex and reminisce about being a wee tot riding the bumper cars, eating cotton candy and sitting on my dad's shoulders clutching a large stuffed Pac-Man that probably was very hard-won. Fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails