Sunday, January 22, 2012

Plugging away!

It's been super busy lately!  Trying to get lots of work done.  I have a bad habit of letting too much pile up...  I think I need the pressure to force me into full gear.  Made sure to not work all the time and throw in some play too...  I've got to say, I like being busy so much better than being idle!  Here are some pictures taken lately.  (You may have already seen them on my Instagram.)
This week I've enjoyed making some one off pieces... otherwise known as "showstoppers." It's one of the most enjoyable parts of doing what I do...  Love being creative and coming up with something unique.  This is a photo of a necklace in progress.  It's made of vintage green Bakelite bits with the prettiest vintage cross-hatched brass beads.  I'm pretty pleased with the final result.
Dropped in at Made You Look.  Here's a bit of their splay of MoonRox!  You can see a bunch of my most recent favourite pieces.  
We finally got a bit of fluffy snow that didn't melt virtually as it landed.  Most of it is gone now, but I enjoyed a couple strolls through the white stuff over the past few days.
 Even in quiet, dark alleyways...
Had a nice weekend where I caught up with the three people I used to spend most of my time with about a decade ago.  All three have lived abroad for stretches over the past 10 years and it's nice to have everyone home and nearby again.  So cliché, but great that we can pick up like no time has passed.
Also got to gather with another group of my favoutite people to celebrate S's birthday.  She's due to give birth any day now!  So excited to meet the little pea!  Check out the amazing nail bling she gave me for Christmas!  Didn't seem right receiving gifts on someone else's birthday, but I'm pretty darn excited about these!

Back to work...  Couple more things to do before I retire for the night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails