Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Treasure hunt in Hamilton

This is a bit delayed, but a little while back, S. and I ventured an hour out of town to Hamilton. We were on a quest for a particular piece of furniture, but did not end up lucking upon the right one. Here are some photos from Mr. Used. We also scoped out the antique and fabric shops on Ottawa Street. Here are some photos taken of the miscellany found at Mr. Used. Every random old thing seems to have it's redeeming qualities. All the colours of toilet tank covers were even looking pretty to me!
I picked up a couple fabric remnants that I plan on sewing into a sack-y dress and a skirt. Then we grabbed some food and were headed back to Toronto. Not before snapping a couple shots of the old-style Kentucky Fried Chicken! Those old peaked roof joints remind me of Summer days at the beach in Collingwood. Halfway through the sunny day we'd drive into town to pick up a bucket of fried chicken (as at the time, there were not many options) and return for more time at the beach!
'Twas a fun day in Hamilton!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Next time bring me!!!

Anonymous said...

this is right in my neighborhood!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails