Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rough day in Toronto

I was trapped in the building for most of the day with massive G20 protests and throngs of riot police around the neighbourhood. I spent several hours with my neighbours viewing the action outside our front door. It was all a pretty wild sight to see, especially in Toronto. I even saw a sniper on the roof two buildings over. By evening, curiosity got me and I ventured out to check things out at ground level.
It really saddens me to see businesses vandalized and and so much useless conflict. A peaceful protest is fine by me, but after today I have no idea what the protestors' messages are. I'm only seeing the chaos. Check out these two completely burned police cars while the block was finally cleared out and calm spread over as we reached dusk.
I'm hoping for a more peaceful day tomorrow. S.K. and her hubby called to ask if I was ready to relocate to the burbs. Not sure, but I know I have lots of nice friends and family that were checking up on me today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails