Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fractured metatarsals

I just found a blog that documents the healing process of metatarsal fractures. Most of the stuff that I have found online addresses ankles, so I was so happy to come across this. Sounds like I got off easy with only fracturing one metatarsal (the 4th) and not having to have any surgery. At least that is the status as of now. The poor author fractured his 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals. I go to the Fracture Clinic at Mount Sinai tomorrow, so I hope things have progressed in the healing department! I didn't get much instruction as far as care when I was at emerg, so I'll have to ask lots of questions and hope I have been doing things correctly so far. I must say, it is hard to sleep with the Aircast on so some nights I have strapped a hard sandal to my foot with a Tensor as well as gone without... gave the toes some freedom! My biggest hope is that I will be able to be on my feet for the One of a Kind Show. I have six weeks to produce a lot of work and to heal up! Now I must stop reading that blog and go to bed so I can get up at the crack to get to the hospital!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails