Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dreary day indoors

I have been hiding out from the rain and humidity inside today. I've been puttering around organizing my studio space which is really a big task. I just packed up a good sized order of mostly custom items. It always surprises me how long it takes to tag and pack up the jewellery.

On another topic, how about that garbage strike? I met a man yesterday that was a city planner/architect but he was at the garbage dump all day dealing with strike issues. He said he would guess that the civil service strike would last 3 weeks. That is a long time with garbage cooking in the heat on the streets. I can still remember the odour of the last strike. I wonder how the Pride parade clean-up will go on the weekend. Usually, I marvel at how quickly the mess is swept away. And... I was really wanting to ferry over to Centre Island. Darn strike! Anyhow, here are some pics from a sunnier day two days ago at HTO Park.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails