Monday, May 31, 2010

A new dress!

I finally got around to trying my hand at making a dress from one of the books that Aunt L. got me for Christmas. I made Dress D from the Japanese book Adult Couture Stylish Dress Book Volume 2. You can get a copy here. It's the same dress as the one on the cover. I made my version with a lovely fine cotton that is light and airy for this steamy weather we have been having. I ended up taking the side seams in by a total of 4 inches so it is slightly less like PJs. Next time I make this dress, there are a few things I would change. I may lower the neckline and either lengthen the sleeves, narrow them, or cinch them with a narrow cuff or a pleat. Also, I'd put pockets in the side seams. All in all, I am happy with this comfy number!

Aunt L., my Sis and I had fish and chips from Chippy's last night and this dress was perfect for both eating a lot and dining picnic style in the park.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails