Monday, October 24, 2011

Homeward bound

On our way home, we flew out of Copenhagen via Reykjavik again.  Here are lots of amazing overhead views from the plane.
Leaving Iceland...
Halfway through the flight and one Ashton Kutcher movie down, I opened up the window just in time to see the icy caps, bergs and floes of the southern tip of Greenland.  It was breathtaking and these blurry window pictures don't do it any justice.  I was all googley-eyed staring out the window at a terrain that I sure do not see too often...
Endless sheets of ice...
And then the familiar landscape of home...
I think this is a quarry.  But what do I know?!  Looked interesting and the colours reminded me of the Blue Lagoon.
Yonge Street buildings and the Toronto skyline ahead.  Home again.

There ended our trip.  Nice to travel with my Sis and see such beautiful places.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails