Monday, July 20, 2009

Boston - Day 4


Friday my hosts were at work, so I took the day to go on a big walking tour. I checked out the financial district, then walked over to the ICA to see the Shepard Fairey show and to see the small permanent collection. On my way there I walked around the South Boston Waterfront.

Strolled by the John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse.

Here is a shot of the Boston waterfront.

My Friend is enjoying a stroll at the water's edge.

Took my time to view the Shepard Fairey/Obey Giant Show at the ICA. Actually, on my walk to the gallery, I observed at least 3 of his Obey Giants around town. The area around the ICA seems to be going through a revitalization and the ICA is a big asset to the area. There was so much construction nearby.


I enjoyed the whimsical nature of the fine art wall in the ICA lobby. The installation is by Swiss artist Ugo Rondinone. Love all the colours!

Then I trekked over to Beacon Hill to admire some of the giant homes. I didn't get any pictures, but they were lovely!

My Friend is enjoying a break in the Commons.

A pretty Beacon Hill drain (?) cover.
Then I dragged my exhausted self to the waterfront. People were sunning themselves, biking, blading and paddling along the lagoon.

Later, in the evening, I got to experience a typical Boston activity. We dropped by some of the W.'s friends' place in the neighbourhood and spent some time "stooping it" with good music and nice drinks. Ended the day gorging ourselves on a good meal at nearby foodery, Union Bar and Grille.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. Lots of good site seeing.

MoonRox said...

It was a great time! I hadn't been to Boston in 20 years or so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails