Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day outing

Wandered over to City Hall to check out the Jazz Festival. Found a perfect perch in the foliage with an unobstructed view of the stage and a tree trunk to lean on. There were lots of people sporting Canada themed wear which I was for some reason a bit surprised about. Glad to see the patriotic spirit!
Elicser at work at the side of the stage.
Now here is a bit of randomness... my parents recently went on a cruise. I had mentioned that I would try to no longer buy anything when traveling, just an interesting shot glass from every place. So they came home with these! I'll add them to my collection. I don't even actually use them! Maybe once in a while to measure out a shot for a cocktail... but I've got a good few now!
Also, Aunt L. picked up a copy of the commemorative edition of Time Magazine honouring Michael Jackson for me. The story after his passing seems to get more complicated every day. No matter what you think of him, the man always kept things interesting -- in life and in death! I'll have to have a flip through tonight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails