Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rainy days

Lately, it seems to raining every day... it's getting a bit monotonous. I even found myself taking a vitamin D the other day after feeling the onset of seasonal affective disorder. Sadly (pun intended) it is not the right season for S.A.D. In any case, I have been trying to keep busy and not let the rain keep me indoors...

Thursday night A. hosted a night of fabulous ribs and Mexican train dominoes. These are always fun nights full of hilarity! We even managed to dine al fresco between rain storms.

On Friday eve, G. treated me to the Depeche Mode concert at the Molson Ampitheatre. Armed with wellies and plastic, we braved the wet lawn.

On Saturday, I spent most of the day doing paperwork while the thunder and lightning roared outside... late in the eve, C. and I roamed over to Harbourfront to check out the last half of the Amy Millan show. The seats were soaked and not many people were there, which made it a really nice intimate show and a big contrast to the show with big screens and fancy lighting that I had been to the night before.

Today was fam-day as usual. Rain... rain... go away... I hope the week ahead brings some nice cheery sunshine!

This is a random photo of a gorgeous mini-orchid that my Mom had. It's such a delicious and fresh shade of green.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails