Monday, July 20, 2009

Boston - Day 2

On my second day in Massachusetts, we drove to the Brimfield Antique and Collectibles Show which was like treasure hunting heaven. I drooled over amazing buttons...
mounds of pristine Pyrex...


and more Pyrex... even some I had never seen before... and lots of stunning Jadite...
trinkets of all sorts... I always love the animal shaped Bakelite napkin rings...
more treasures...
and still more... or are these junk?
We ate Pilgrim sandwiches... My Friend enjoyed his sandwich very much.
After re-fueling, we hit even more vendors. We visited Les with all his Bakelite gems. Many are carved by him and therefore considered altered by the purists, but it was still amazing to see his huge collection. Mr. and Mrs. W. visit him each show, which is 3 times a year, so we had a good chat. His whole booth was filled to the brim with Bakelite. He had napkin rings, bangles, rings and brooches galore, flatware and utensils and oodles more.

Here are Mr. and Mrs. W. at a booth where we bought a few gorgeous Bakelite bangles. Sadly the one I really hemmed and hahhed about fell to the ground as soon as we got it home. It broke into two so I am now trying to decide what kind of glue/adhesive to use to repair it. Anyone have any tried and true suggestions?



It was a great day at Brimfield. I saw lots of inspiring vintage jewellery and plenty of beautiful and wild collections of all sorts. The weather was perfect and we all went home with some good finds. Can't wait to go back again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails